A perfect arrangement of teeth is your secret ingredient to a gorgeous smile. Proper alignment of teeth helps maintain good dental hygiene and health. However, the first images that pop into the mind when you see a set of crooked teeth are heavy metal braces.
Braces have been traditionally used for many years and have also proven to be a very impactful remedy for aligning teeth. Metallic braces have been linked to high success rates and are the most popular and preferred way of fixing crooked teeth. While braces have proven to be, they can be very painful to the gums and interior lining of the mouth. Getting braces also impacts your face’s look and is often said to look very unappealing to the eyes.
Luckily the progression of dental science has come up with a classy alternative to braces, Invisalign. This article highlights a list of takeaways of the pros and cons of Invisalign treatment.
Invisalign – What is it, and How Does it work?
Invisalign is a relatively newly introduced alternative method for braces to align your teeth. There are several types of teeth alignment issues that can be solved with Invisalign, such as; crooked teeth, asymmetrical gaps between teeth, crowding, and overbite issues.
Invisalign can save a lot of time because it takes much less time than traditionally used metallic braces to fix your teeth. Invisalign can treat your teeth within six to eight months. The time period of the treatment depends on the severity of the damage in your mouth.
Getting Invisalign is an open option for all ages; it does not matter whether you are a child, teen, or adult. But it is said to be more effective for adults because it requires you to take excellent care of your teeth while you get Invisalign.
Invisalign are set in your mouth in sequences of trays. These trays are replaced every two weeks, and every time you replace the trays, your teeth get a little bit straighter than before.
- They look invisible and can hardly ever be noticed
- Invisalign allows you to eat all kinds of food. No more avoiding sticky foods
- Simple and regular habit of brushing and flossing is enough for maintaining the Invisalign.
- They have shown faster results than the traditional used metallic braces.
- The end results are worth keeping the strict regime to maintain the Invisalign trays in your mouth
- Although it is faster than metallic braces most of the time, overall, it is not a very fast process. On average, it takes about 12 months to show results.
- You have to bear the trees for most days and also during the night.
- Invisalign, as known, is excellent for sweeping teeth. But they are not always so successful in fixing an overbite.
- It can be very uncomfortable in the first few days.
- Apart from drinking water or cold liquids, you would need to remove the Invisalign before eating anything.
- You have to be well committed to maintaining the Invisalign. It might also require you to wear a retainer most of the time.
- You might also experience secretion of more saliva in your mouth or have a frequently dry mouth.
Visit Your Ideal Dentist in Farmington today!
Tired of looking for a Dentist in Farmington NM? Don’t rush anymore! If you are planning to get Invisalign, Farmington NM is the way to go. Call and book your appointment today. They have a well-trained group of dentists and orthodontics who can take care of all types of dental needs.